Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is a good malware, virus program to purchase for iMac

I have got a virus on my computer, started on Safari with search pulse. I am purchased Antivirus X-Out and installed. It says it is clean. But it still remains on Safari. What type of utility can I purchase to remove this?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 5:22 PM

It's more likely that you have adware rather than a virus. Still it's no fun.

Give Malwarebytes a shot. It's a free download and pretty well respected around here.

Before you install it, however, uninstall the Antivirus x-Out.

Having multiple antivirals or anti malware programs installed at the same time may cause their own set of issues.

Post back here if you need additional assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2020 5:22 PM in response to Valerie Kinney

It's more likely that you have adware rather than a virus. Still it's no fun.

Give Malwarebytes a shot. It's a free download and pretty well respected around here.

Before you install it, however, uninstall the Antivirus x-Out.

Having multiple antivirals or anti malware programs installed at the same time may cause their own set of issues.

Post back here if you need additional assistance.

Jan 10, 2020 5:45 PM in response to Valerie Kinney

This should point out where it is...

EtreCheck is a simple little app to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Pastebin is a good place to paste the whole report...

https://pastebin.com/

Or use the paperclip at the bottom of a Reply to attach the full report here. :)

what is a good malware, virus program to purchase for iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.