Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover deleted voice memo

How do I recover my recently deleted voice memos on iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 13.3?

I just recorded a voice memo. While playing it back, I inadvertently touched the trash can (delete) icon. As a result, the memo was immediately removed. It did not even ask for confirmation.

Anyway, I went to the support sight, and it appears that the info provided by Apple is inaccurate on how to recover voice memos. According to Apple, “Voice memos stay in the Recently Deleted folder for 30 days and then are deleted permanently. You can recover a voice memo if it's still in the Recently Deleted folder:

1. In Voice Memos, tap or click Recently Deleted.
  2. Tap or click the memo that you want to recover.
  3. Tap or click Recover, then tap or click Recover Recording.”

There is no “Recently Deleted “ in “Voice Memos”.

i currently have iOS 13.3 on an iPhone 7 Plus.

How do I recover my recently deleted voice memos?

Thank you.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 5:12 AM

I resolved the issue. The "Recently Deleted" folder is within the Voice Memo app, at the bottom of the list of your Voice Memos. Like me, you probably have a lot of them, and only afterwards, realized that I needed to scroll down to the bottom of the list to find the folder. Once in there, I successfully recovered my deleted memo.

Hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 5:12 AM in response to heidipie

I resolved the issue. The "Recently Deleted" folder is within the Voice Memo app, at the bottom of the list of your Voice Memos. Like me, you probably have a lot of them, and only afterwards, realized that I needed to scroll down to the bottom of the list to find the folder. Once in there, I successfully recovered my deleted memo.

Hope this helps.

Recover deleted voice memo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.