Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.8.2.3 won't connect with iPhone iOS 13.3 under Mac OS 10.11.6

Hi,

iTunes (12.8.2.3) on my desktop iMac with El Capitan10.11.6 won't connect with my iPhone 6s which is updated to iOS 13.3.

Already checked here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

iPhone is listed in system information --< USB , also Fotos is opening everytime I plug in the phone - so it connects with the desktop but not with iTunes.

What else can I do?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 10:42 AM

Since the link in the Get Help section Reset your Trust settings is not taking you anywhere I reset the location and privacy settings. Then iTunes (sic!) would list the phone but also say, it could not connect because the phone does not trust the computer. iPhony replied "accessory may not be supported" after restarting. changed cable (that came with the refurbed phone and worked fine with other Apple applications) to some other maybe original apple cable. now the phone is listed in iTunes and can be synced.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 10:42 AM in response to turingtest2

Since the link in the Get Help section Reset your Trust settings is not taking you anywhere I reset the location and privacy settings. Then iTunes (sic!) would list the phone but also say, it could not connect because the phone does not trust the computer. iPhony replied "accessory may not be supported" after restarting. changed cable (that came with the refurbed phone and worked fine with other Apple applications) to some other maybe original apple cable. now the phone is listed in iTunes and can be synced.

Jan 11, 2020 1:24 PM in response to Cewede

For iOS 12 or later you need iTunes 12.8.0.150 or better running on OS X 10.11.4 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required. iOS 13 likely requires iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

Jan 12, 2020 3:46 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you very much.

Checked the preferences again and followed the instructions. The MobileDeviceUpater will not open.

I restarted the phone while being usb-connected with the running desktop and after trust confirmation the phone was listed in the already opened iTunes. iTunes asked for the trust confirmation again - since my phone was unlocked I pressed button "more information" and the phone disappeared from iTunes and nothing else happened. Since then iTunes does not list the phone - like before.

Any idea what else to do? Reinstalling iTunes?

iTunes 12.8.2.3 won't connect with iPhone iOS 13.3 under Mac OS 10.11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.