Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting iPhone to iTunes on a mac

Hi

I have a little problem!

Every time I plug my iPhone to my mac, using USB, it can't make any connection any the batteri symbol keeps turning on/off!!

Both my iPhone and mac are updated and i have restarted both

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 8:28 AM

First: make sure the cable is OK. If possible, try another cable or check, with the same cable and the original charger, if charging works or also keeps turning on/off. If on/off as well, your cable is probably wrong.

Second: check for dirt in the iPhones charging port. If dirty, carefully try to clean the charging port.

Third: disconnect your iPhone from your Mac, start Terminal and issue this command:

sudo killall -STOP -c usbd

If asked for a password, enter the one you use when you start your Mac.

Next issue the command (again in Terminal):

sudo killall -CONT usbd

Re-connect your iPhone to your Mac and check if it works now.

If still not, try another USB port on your Mac.

If it then still not works, then it's likely either your iPhone, the cable or your Mac has a hardware issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2020 8:28 AM in response to mathilde257

First: make sure the cable is OK. If possible, try another cable or check, with the same cable and the original charger, if charging works or also keeps turning on/off. If on/off as well, your cable is probably wrong.

Second: check for dirt in the iPhones charging port. If dirty, carefully try to clean the charging port.

Third: disconnect your iPhone from your Mac, start Terminal and issue this command:

sudo killall -STOP -c usbd

If asked for a password, enter the one you use when you start your Mac.

Next issue the command (again in Terminal):

sudo killall -CONT usbd

Re-connect your iPhone to your Mac and check if it works now.

If still not, try another USB port on your Mac.

If it then still not works, then it's likely either your iPhone, the cable or your Mac has a hardware issue.

connecting iPhone to iTunes on a mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.