Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple TV app support Apple lightning to HDMI cable?

I tried using Apple's lightning to HDMI cable to connect iPhone/iPad with Apple TV app to watch Apple TV on my TV set (through HDMI). As soon as I start a show, the app will display message of having problem to load content. If I unplug the cable, content will play on iPhone/iPad. With repeated attempts, it may work on my iPad. Does Apple prohibit using Apple's own genuine cable to output content with the Apple TV app?

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 4:06 PM

Apple TV+ content in the Apple TV app reportedly doesn’t work with the Lightning to HDMI adapter.

Use one of these devices instead: Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 12, 2020 4:07 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks and appreciate the link! It appears this is an intentionally placed restriction (I was able to get it to work one time flawlessly out of many tries). Surprised Apple supports using PC and browsers, but decides to restrict and not support Apple's own HDMI adapter. Hope Apple will reconsider and remove this restriction soon.

Does Apple TV app support Apple lightning to HDMI cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.