Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

live photo containing edit how to export/import iMovie?

Why can iPad memories create a movie containing my edited live photo, but I can't follow the export process (for iMovie) with my edited image, only "unmodified original"?

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 10:01 AM

In what app(s) and on what device(s) does the live photo presently reside? In what app did you edit it?

If you can get the live photo into the Photos app for Mac you can edit it there, play it on your screen, and make a screen recording of it by using Control-Shift-5 and using the controls to outline and record the live photo as you play it. Then you can import the screen recording into iMovie and it will contain your edits.

Otherwise, if you export the edited live photo as an unmodified original from the Photos app to your Mac desktop, you will get a JPEG and an approximately 2 sec duration .mov file but the edits will not carry over. You can then import them into iMovie to get your live photo effect, but without your edits. If you export it as a "photo" the edited photo will export as edited but the .mov file doesn't go with it, so no live photo. I don't know of any way of exporting an edited live photo and have the edits be preserved along with the live photo.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 10:01 AM in response to web808

In what app(s) and on what device(s) does the live photo presently reside? In what app did you edit it?

If you can get the live photo into the Photos app for Mac you can edit it there, play it on your screen, and make a screen recording of it by using Control-Shift-5 and using the controls to outline and record the live photo as you play it. Then you can import the screen recording into iMovie and it will contain your edits.

Otherwise, if you export the edited live photo as an unmodified original from the Photos app to your Mac desktop, you will get a JPEG and an approximately 2 sec duration .mov file but the edits will not carry over. You can then import them into iMovie to get your live photo effect, but without your edits. If you export it as a "photo" the edited photo will export as edited but the .mov file doesn't go with it, so no live photo. I don't know of any way of exporting an edited live photo and have the edits be preserved along with the live photo.

-- Rich

live photo containing edit how to export/import iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.