Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone showed up in "Universal Serial Bus Devices" and not in "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"

i want to find my restriction code because i forgot them, so i tried to open iTunes on my windows but there's no device icon there. i tried to search fix it but i find out that my iPhone name is not "Apple Mobile Device USB Drivers" under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"... but they are "Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device" under "Universal Serial Bus Devices"... ugh this is so frustrating. I just wanna know what's my restriction passcode only, but I've been so far

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 6:22 AM

1 reply

Jan 14, 2020 3:51 PM in response to pqahatta

Hey pqahatta,

I see you have some concerns with the restrictions passcode on your iPhone, and iTunes not recognizing the device. I'll be happy to help out.

Just to confirm, only the restrictions passcode is forgotten and you're still able to fully access the iPhone? If you've forgotten the passcode of the entire device and don't have access to the device, then the iPhone will need to be put into recovery mode for iTunes to recognize it: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support. The iPhone will also need to be put into recovery mode and fully restored if you've forgotten the restrictions passcode. Restoring an iPhone will erase its data.

If you're able to access the iPhone, and iTunes still isn't recognizing the device, you'll want to follow the steps under "If you don't see the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver or you see Unknown Device" here: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support.

Have a great day.

my iphone showed up in "Universal Serial Bus Devices" and not in "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.