Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs say purchased, but don't show up in iTunes

Hi there,

I purchased a couple of digital-only tracks for a physical album I own in 2018 using my account. Then last year, I transferred my music to my wife's computer. The two songs show up in my library, but do not play. In the store, it says they are purchased, but I cannot listen to or redownload them in my iTunes/Music. I went through Apple's steps for unhiding/redownloading purchases, but to no avail. They don't show up in my "Purchased" list or anything. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 9:06 AM

Hey there fifdude,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re not able to play or redownload your purchased music. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Have you authorized the computer to be able to play your purchases? Make sure you’ve done that using the steps here:

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases

See if you can download and play your purchases as expected after doing this.

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2020 9:06 AM in response to fifdude

Hey there fifdude,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re not able to play or redownload your purchased music. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Have you authorized the computer to be able to play your purchases? Make sure you’ve done that using the steps here:

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases

See if you can download and play your purchases as expected after doing this.

Cheers.

Songs say purchased, but don't show up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.