Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringer volume keeps turning itself down on IPhone 8

I have an IPhone 8, a couple months old. The ringer volume keeps turning itself way down. I have set it inside of sounds and haptics, and turned "change with buttons" off. This is very aggravating because I keep missing calls.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 10:04 AM

This is NOT solved. I clicked on the box because I thought it was a dropdown box, and it erased my reply.

I have not been able to find any actions that I do to correlate with the volume turning itself down. I do not use "do not disturb", but I DO use the ring silence button....but I tried that, and it did not change it. I also do not use headphones, or different ringtones. I did download a ringtone app, but I could not get it to work, and have not used it. I will smoke it from my phone.

I use Bluetooth often....driving and at work. It will be difficult, but I will try turning it off when I can to see what happens.

It does this both at night, and during the day. I charge my phone only at night.

The phone has not been in "low power" mode, and I do not use Facebook on my phone (two other things that friends had mentioned).

This happens 2 to 3 times per week. This is important to me because I am on call at night, and I need to hear the phone to wake up if I get an emergency call.

Thanks for your help!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2020 10:04 AM in response to jeremy_v

This is NOT solved. I clicked on the box because I thought it was a dropdown box, and it erased my reply.

I have not been able to find any actions that I do to correlate with the volume turning itself down. I do not use "do not disturb", but I DO use the ring silence button....but I tried that, and it did not change it. I also do not use headphones, or different ringtones. I did download a ringtone app, but I could not get it to work, and have not used it. I will smoke it from my phone.

I use Bluetooth often....driving and at work. It will be difficult, but I will try turning it off when I can to see what happens.

It does this both at night, and during the day. I charge my phone only at night.

The phone has not been in "low power" mode, and I do not use Facebook on my phone (two other things that friends had mentioned).

This happens 2 to 3 times per week. This is important to me because I am on call at night, and I need to hear the phone to wake up if I get an emergency call.

Thanks for your help!

Jan 15, 2020 10:08 AM in response to bullseyeguy1

Hello bullseyeguy1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that the ringer volume on your iPhone 8 is automatically lowering, causing you to miss incoming calls. It's important that you're able to keep in touch with others, and you've come to the right place for help.

Are you noticing that this occurs after a specific event such as using an app that plays sound, toggling the Ring/Silent switch on and off, using headphones with the iPhone, or Do Not Disturb? If Bluetooth is enabled, does this happen when you turn Bluetooth off from Settings > Bluetooth?

I would also like to have you select a different ringtone for your iPhone, to help us further isolate if the issue may be with a specific sound or vibration pattern being used:

Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support

Let us know what you find.

Cheers!

Ringer volume keeps turning itself down on IPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.