Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Legitimate Softwaree?

I ran an EtreCheck on my MacBook Pro to check for malware. My laptop is running VERY SLOW and I see the beachball often while waiting for it to load. The report from EtreCheck indicates that I safe a Safari Extension which may be questionable. It instructed me to seek confirmation whether or not the file is malicious in this forum.

The Safari Extension is ManagerPages. It doesn't have a valid Developer ID signature. Can anyone help me?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 5:37 PM

It does appear to be malicious. You can disable extensions from within Safari itself. It would be best to post your EtreCheck report here to ensure you don't have any other malicious software installed. In EtreCheck, use the "Share report" in the toolbar and then choose "Copy report" to copy the text version of your report to the clipboard. Then, use the "Additional text" button in the Apple Support Communities toolbar and paste your report into the window.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 5:37 PM in response to Dennafromfl

It does appear to be malicious. You can disable extensions from within Safari itself. It would be best to post your EtreCheck report here to ensure you don't have any other malicious software installed. In EtreCheck, use the "Share report" in the toolbar and then choose "Copy report" to copy the text version of your report to the clipboard. Then, use the "Additional text" button in the Apple Support Communities toolbar and paste your report into the window.

Legitimate Softwaree?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.