Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd generation & CBS app - Sound drops out

While watching tv using CBS app, the sound drops out. If we stop and rewind, sound may come back but still drops out.

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 7:50 PM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2020 8:40 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I am having the same problem with Star Trek "Discovery". I have not tried "Picard" yet but assume I'll have the same issues. The audio will be fine for the first few minutes or so, then cut out completely. It seems to be exacerbated by using fast foreword or reverse. Restarting the program does not seem to help. The video is fine, connections are fine. Other channels that I tested seem to work. I have restarted the Apple TV, but no help. This seems to be a CBS App issue. I have an original Apple TV model.

Please fix !! :-)

Feb 5, 2020 9:43 AM in response to Mn2705

Yes! me too!

The sound drops as the video feed increases (maybe the cause?) about 20 seconds prior to a commercial. During the commercial break the sounds seems to fix itself. The next segment works well... until about 20-30 seconds before the next commercial.

Watching Start Trek and Picard I see the same issue.

Is there another answer other than paying more for the commercial free access?

Apple TV 3rd generation & CBS app - Sound drops out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.