Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading and playing photos larger than 100mb on icloud

Hi, seems like I have some limitations I would like to remove regarding video file size.

When I try to upload a video larger than 100mb into photos library I get prompted It's not possible.

When I try to play a video which is lower than 100mb in size on my Apple TV4 nothing happens (not sure how it works).

Taking under consideration that in todays world 100mb per video file is nothing I wonder how I can utilize/configure icloud service so that it suits my needs.

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 11:42 PM

Dear Joseph,

hope you're doing well.

Thank you for your reply. I guess I should be more precise in my description.

I'm trying to move content from Android devices into iCloud.

I was using PC iCloud app to do it but it freezes and is unable to upload large quantities of files (approx 10k files) (reason unknown).

So I switched to a web based option.

I can upload pictures (although for some reason I can't upload panoramic pictures - I get an error that file size is wrong).

But I can't upload files larger than 100mb using web based solution.

I've tried to see if there are any settings preventing me from doing so, but I can't find any option.

With regards,

uv4ch1

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 11:42 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Dear Joseph,

hope you're doing well.

Thank you for your reply. I guess I should be more precise in my description.

I'm trying to move content from Android devices into iCloud.

I was using PC iCloud app to do it but it freezes and is unable to upload large quantities of files (approx 10k files) (reason unknown).

So I switched to a web based option.

I can upload pictures (although for some reason I can't upload panoramic pictures - I get an error that file size is wrong).

But I can't upload files larger than 100mb using web based solution.

I've tried to see if there are any settings preventing me from doing so, but I can't find any option.

With regards,

uv4ch1

Jan 15, 2020 2:37 PM in response to uv4ch1

Hello uv4ch1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to upload videos larger than 100 mb into your Photos library. I'm happy to assist you with this.

If you're not allowed to upload videos larger than 100 MB, you may be able to use other video formats. Check out the section of this article that states "File types that you can use with iCloud Photos": Set up and use iCloud Photos

You can also change the settings on your iPhone to allow downloads over 200 MB. Check out the section of this article that states "Change your App Store settings":

Manage your App Store purchases, subscriptions, and settings on iPad

Best Regards.

Uploading and playing photos larger than 100mb on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.