Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook shut off while cleaning keyboard will not turn on at all

Hi, I was just wiping down my keyboard, not hard and not with a lot of liquid or anything, just a slightly damp microfiber cloth, and suddenly my screen shut off and nothing was working. I have tried everything to turn it back on, the SMC reset, holding down the power button, force restart, you name it: nothing. The power cord is plugged in and the light is green. The light did not change momentarily to orange when I did the SMC reset as I know it is supposed to. I have no idea what I could have done. It does not have water damage, I have never spilled water on it. Please let me know if you can help, thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 8:58 PM

Start here: If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 14, 2020 5:44 AM in response to Tesserax

I already tried all of that. The Mac actually did start up randomly after a few hours, but I actually just accidentally tapped the power button just now, and the screen went blank and I’m experiencing the same problem all over again. Any idea what may have happened when I tapped the power button and how to turn my computer back on? I literally hit it for one second. Thanks

MacBook shut off while cleaning keyboard will not turn on at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.