Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do shared albums always organize how ever it wants? I have renames multiple sets of photos to import in a specific fashion, and they do not organize in the manner they are suppose to (yes i know where sorry is, that does not resolve the issue).

I have purposely renamed or exported photos from other apps and imported them into photos. When ever I attempt to have them "sort" by title, they still do not organize in the correct manner. This has been going on for a bit, and I have attempted to chat the sorting and even importing one at a time (which is not efficient).

Current Version of catalina

New MacBook pro 16

I have had same issue on 13 mbp 2011 with high sierra

I have tried new users and same issue. Next step will be to try to repair library.

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 11:28 PM

Adding photos one at a time in the order you want to see them may not be efficient, but it does seem to be the one reliable way to build a shared album to be displayed in a specific order. Users have sometimes had favorable results through one trick or another, but the tricks cannot be relied upon to continue to work across releases.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 11:28 PM in response to PhotoRak

Adding photos one at a time in the order you want to see them may not be efficient, but it does seem to be the one reliable way to build a shared album to be displayed in a specific order. Users have sometimes had favorable results through one trick or another, but the tricks cannot be relied upon to continue to work across releases.

Do shared albums always organize how ever it wants? I have renames multiple sets of photos to import in a specific fashion, and they do not organize in the manner they are suppose to (yes i know where sorry is, that does not resolve the issue).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.