Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS and Carbonite experience? Mojave->Catalina, iTunes->Music, dead computer

My 2012 27" iMac croaked unexpectedly. I THINK have 3 different backups, but having turned into a geezer over the last 8 years, I'm not sure that I know how to proceed. But lucky enough to have acquired a 16" MacBook Pro.

Question 1: Does my iCloud backup of iTunes/Music include recordings I had made and inserted into my computer's music library that are not available commercially on Apple Music (to which I subscribe)?

Question 2: I have Carbonite, but have never had to use it before. Can it restore my iTunes/Apple Music library into Music on the new laptop?

Question 3: An auxiliary bootable drive backup of Mohave just a couple of weeks old should also have everything. Can I target just the stuff I want for backup from that drive, or, given that the change from iTunes to Music happened during the time my iMac was dying, would I be better off replicating the backup drive on my MacBook Pro and then again updating to Catalina after that?

So many options. So many technical issues for a mind succumbing two or three neurons a minute to standard dementia. This stuff has grown difficult for me to grok and to act upon...

All pity, help, reassurance, and links to help accepted.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 6:42 PM

The following may help regarding Carbonite: https://support.carbonite.com/articles/Personal-Pro-Windows-Importing-Your-iTunes-Music

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac OS and Carbonite experience? Mojave->Catalina, iTunes->Music, dead computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.