Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to log into Apple account because I can't access the two - factor authentication

Hi,

I have completely smashed the screen of my old iphone and I now have a new phone because the old phone is blacked out. I am unable to get into my apple account because it keeps asking me for a two factor authentication on the new iphone, it keeps telling me it's sending the code to my " trusted device " but I can't access the old phone because it's broken. I have tried following the steps to access recovery key but that option doesn't come up for me when I look for it.

Is there another way? I just want to be able to download apps and restore the phone will my old info.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 9:19 AM

See the "What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?" and " If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?" sections of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to log into Apple account because I can't access the two - factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.