Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music missing and playlists empty

After iOS 13.3 update all my non-iTunes music is gone from my iPhone Xr. Songs are missing from playlists and some playlists are empty. I have long since discarded the CDs and because I pay for iCloud storage, my iTunes library isn’t backed up to my PC. I’ve checked and I don’t have iCloud music library (it doesn’t appear anywhere in settings under music or iCloud. I also don’t have a sync toggle anywhere. How can I recover my non Apple purchased music that I uploaded to iTunes? Please help! There are hundreds of songs and audio books, some of which are recorded songs by my children.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 1:56 PM

Hello BlueJay2019,

Thanks for posting your question. It sounds like you might be missing some music, and I'm happy to see if I can offer assistance.

How were these songs added to your iPhone originally? You stated you uploaded this content using iTunes. Do you mean you synced it from your computer directly to the iPhone, or were you using Apple Music/iTunes Match at any point?

Also, for clarification, it sounds like you do not have these songs on your PC; is that right?

If you're an Apple Music subscriber, you may need to make sure that you're signed in under Settings > [name] > iTunes & App Store. Once you're signed in, that's when you may need to Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music.

I hope this helps get you started.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 1:56 PM in response to BlueJay2019

Hello BlueJay2019,

Thanks for posting your question. It sounds like you might be missing some music, and I'm happy to see if I can offer assistance.

How were these songs added to your iPhone originally? You stated you uploaded this content using iTunes. Do you mean you synced it from your computer directly to the iPhone, or were you using Apple Music/iTunes Match at any point?

Also, for clarification, it sounds like you do not have these songs on your PC; is that right?

If you're an Apple Music subscriber, you may need to make sure that you're signed in under Settings > [name] > iTunes & App Store. Once you're signed in, that's when you may need to Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music.

I hope this helps get you started.

Take care.

Music missing and playlists empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.