Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Apple Mobile Device Support

I can't download the apple mobile device service because the entire folder is missing. Any way i can reinstall it? Because now i can't import photos into my computer

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 9:57 PM

3 replies

Jan 16, 2020 2:28 PM in response to beepoeheepoe

Hi beepoeheepoe,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have an issue importing photos to your PC, and I'd like to do what I can to help.

Take a look at the instructions in this article. It shows that you don't need to use iTunes for importing your photos:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're having an issue with your iPhone not being seen by iTunes for other functions, this article can help. There are different steps, depending on where iTunes was downloaded from: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Take care!

Jan 22, 2020 6:59 AM in response to beepoeheepoe

Hey beepoeheepoe,

Thanks for the reply and trying those steps. We appreciate it!

If you haven't already, restart both your iPhone and computer. A restart can help to resolve unusual issues. Restart your iPhone

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then I'd suggest contacting Microsoft, as they may have some additional steps for their app.

There is another way to get photos to your computer from your iPhone, which is using iCloud. Here is the info, just in case you want to try this also. Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC

Once in iCloud, you can download photos from iCloud to your computer also, which is also shown within that article.

Enjoy your day!

Missing Apple Mobile Device Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.