Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove mail from 'blacklist'

Hi - There is mail from a certain domain which keeps bothering me. Apple Mail puts it in the Junk mailbox, but I would prefer it to be destroyed before that. Is there a way to do this?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 2:29 PM

Hey there Mr Moto,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your great question about filtering mail before it gets to your inbox. I'd be glad to assist you with that!

What it sounds like you will want to do is set up server side mail rules. This will help to filter messages before they arrive into your inbox. If you're using an iCloud email address, you can follow the steps in Set up rules to filter email in Mail on iCloud.com to get those rules created and configured.

If you use a different email service provider, you can check with them on the possibility of setting up mail rules, as the process will vary for different providers.

If you're using a Mac and would rather have the filters be used locally, you can Filter emails in Mail on Mac.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 2:29 PM in response to Mr Moto

Hey there Mr Moto,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your great question about filtering mail before it gets to your inbox. I'd be glad to assist you with that!

What it sounds like you will want to do is set up server side mail rules. This will help to filter messages before they arrive into your inbox. If you're using an iCloud email address, you can follow the steps in Set up rules to filter email in Mail on iCloud.com to get those rules created and configured.

If you use a different email service provider, you can check with them on the possibility of setting up mail rules, as the process will vary for different providers.

If you're using a Mac and would rather have the filters be used locally, you can Filter emails in Mail on Mac.

Have a great day!

Remove mail from 'blacklist'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.