Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Mail domains (e.g. gmail)

I am receiving tons of spam/scam emails from the gmail (Google of course) domain. I think one of the online communities might be selling my email address which we citizens cannot stop!!! Or… Google has hijacked my iPad even though I try repeatedly to Not use a single Google App! Glad to get that off my chest! So, is there a way to “block” a domain rather than having to block each individual email from the Mail app

Trickydick

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 10:58 AM

Greetings,

That's a fantastic question! There isn't a way to block an email domain, you would have to block each individual email address to prevent those spam emails from coming through. It sounds as though you're familiar with blocking emails using the steps quoted below.

From the Mail app, open the email that has the contact that you want to block, then tap the contact at the top. Tap Block this Contact.

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone or iPad

If you would like to provide feedback to Apple about blocking emails, you can do so via the Product Feedback website. They appreciate all feedback regarding their products, services, and features.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2023 10:58 AM in response to tricky dick

Greetings,

That's a fantastic question! There isn't a way to block an email domain, you would have to block each individual email address to prevent those spam emails from coming through. It sounds as though you're familiar with blocking emails using the steps quoted below.

From the Mail app, open the email that has the contact that you want to block, then tap the contact at the top. Tap Block this Contact.

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone or iPad

If you would like to provide feedback to Apple about blocking emails, you can do so via the Product Feedback website. They appreciate all feedback regarding their products, services, and features.

Take care!

Deleting Mail domains (e.g. gmail)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.