Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam - APPLE MAIL

I am experiencing a huge amount of Spam and am blocking numerous daily but they just appear on a different domain.

Does Apple IOS have the ability to block domains or is there any better way than individually blocking each email which only then ends up in the bin to be deleted.

Apple IOS is pretty poor in dealing with Spam isn’t it?

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 11:46 PM

Spam emails are generally filtered by your email provider.

For example:

Identify and filter junk mail in iCloud - Apple Support

6 replies

Dec 4, 2021 1:00 PM in response to HowardGS

I also have been getting a lot of spam emails to my Frontier(Yahoo!) email account for the past several weeks. Sometimes more spam than there is useful email. The spam comes on both on my Apple SE2 and on my laptop.

I have been individually deleting the emails. Today I went to the web based Yahoo email and changed the setting for previews to OFF. I hope it works. Perhaps your email server has something like this. Block images in Frontier Yahoo | New Mail for Desktop Help - SLN5043.

Dec 4, 2021 9:46 PM in response to NewSE2User

Thanks for that useful suggestion. It’s a gmail account and most start with newsletter. so I am hoping I can do something with that keyword.

I am not in America and all advertise American companies. The first was a legitimate American Credit Checking Company who insisted I opened an account.

I anticipate they probably sold my data but it’s hard to tell. The second batch were American car showrooms.

Now Walmart etc and the list goes on.

Irritating whilst I can block individually but if it gets to a number that is too time consuming I won’t be able to see if something I want has slipped through.

Greed always spoils a good thing sadly.

Spam - APPLE MAIL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.