Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

playlist not showing on iPhone, but other playlists are!

hi, I have subscribed to Apple Music, and managed to get all my music onto my phone. I have also created 8 playlists, but only 7 playlists show on my phone! please help I can't seem to get this one playlist onto my phone!

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 1:07 PM

Presumably you are using Sync Library. When I've had problems with playlists not the phone via sync library, signing out and back in on your phone may force a resync and any problems to get cleared up. Do this via Settings > Apple ID > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign out

You can also force a library sync by turning Sync Library off and on (being sure to select the option to keep the music on the phone if asked) by going Settings > Music and toggle the Sync Library button.

Not sure if these two things are equivalent. I just did a sign out and when you go back into your music library you will get a status bar saying Sync Library, my playlists all disappeared and were restored.

If you are not using Sync Library and still using a manual sync, then check in the Music tab for your phone in Finder, if you have the option to sync all playlists selected or whether select playlists only; if the latter check if your missing playlist is checked.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 1:07 PM in response to DJ_Ratman

Presumably you are using Sync Library. When I've had problems with playlists not the phone via sync library, signing out and back in on your phone may force a resync and any problems to get cleared up. Do this via Settings > Apple ID > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign out

You can also force a library sync by turning Sync Library off and on (being sure to select the option to keep the music on the phone if asked) by going Settings > Music and toggle the Sync Library button.

Not sure if these two things are equivalent. I just did a sign out and when you go back into your music library you will get a status bar saying Sync Library, my playlists all disappeared and were restored.

If you are not using Sync Library and still using a manual sync, then check in the Music tab for your phone in Finder, if you have the option to sync all playlists selected or whether select playlists only; if the latter check if your missing playlist is checked.

Jan 16, 2020 6:30 AM in response to ringspa

hi thanks for this, I found that the music I wanted in the playlist hadn't downloaded, so that's why it wasn't showing.

one more question though, I am trying to upload more tracks into the music library but it's only letting me select one track at a time now! I just want to bulk select the tracks and the usual options (select all with mouse, hold shift and click at end of list) aren't working! any ideas?!

playlist not showing on iPhone, but other playlists are!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.