Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Games will not enter fullscreen mode in Boot Camp 6.1 on MacBook Pro 16"

Hello! I am hoping somebody within these forums may have some knowledge or any tidbit of info that I currently do not have regarding this. I recently partitioned my SSD using Boot Camp 6.1 (most updated version) and installed Windows 10 Pro. I performed all updates, which weren't too many (hopefully updating Windows wasn't actually the cause of this issue?). Boot Camp did it's thing and everything seemed to be going super smoothly. Well, once I installed GTA V from Steam, I tried to do ALT+ENTER to get the game into fullscreen mode. Unfortunately, the game remained stuck in the upper left corner of the display. I installed Tekken 7 from Steam and it did the same thing, so I know it's not game-specific. I did a quick Google search and I saw a couple other mentions of this bug in other forums, but no solutions or answers. I tried playing around with resolution and aspect ratio settings just for the heck of it and as I expected it didn't solve anything. Is this just a driver glitch within Boot Camp that I will have to wait for a fix from Apple? Or is there something dead simple that I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any guidance you all may have!

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 3:01 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Jan 14, 2020 9:50 PM in response to macguy90

Update- I have managed to figure out a possible solution! It turns out, scaling the res down to 1920x1080 along with tweaking another setting did give me fullscreen mode within GTA V. I went into the Graphics menu within GTA's pause menu and changed the screen format from Fullscreen to Windowed Borderless. This seems to be an okay workaround for now, but I still don't think Windowed Borderless should have to be enabled. Also haven't tested other games to see how this affects them. I still would appreciate any other input others may have on this. Thanks!

Jan 16, 2020 3:00 AM in response to SzariK

SzariK wrote:

No. I have the same issue. This is not about games this is about Drivers. I've read post over the Internet (reddit) where people solve this issue using unofficial bootcamp drivers which are based on the newest AMD Drivers.

Did the Reddit poster(s) check screen resolution in the game using the bootcampdrivers.com drivers?

Jan 16, 2020 9:35 AM in response to Loner T

It is funny cuz AMD customer service sends me to Apple regarding the same case:

Thank you for the response.

Please be assured that I am glad to help you. Let me clear this AMD will provide general drivers for graphic cards. But those drivers are not recommended to use for the laptops or OEMS because they are not customized according to there make and model. So, we recommend using the drivers from the manufacturer only. Yes, AMD provide the drivers via the bootcamp for the specific model, but they are not up to date and we do not recommend using that drivers. if you see the driver release notes under the note section its clearly mentioned that 

This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support. 

However, you will get driver support from the Apple. these are the only latest available bootcamp drivers from AMD and we do not have any future driver updates information.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/apple-boot-camp

I suggest you to please try to install/restore the driver that came along with the system and check the issue status. 

Thanks for contacting AMD. 

In order to update this service request, please respond without deleting or modifying the service request reference number in the email subject or in the email correspondence below.

Please Note: This service request will automatically close if we do not receive a response within 10 days and cannot be reopened.

If it is not feasible to respond within 10 days, feel free to open a new service request and reference this ticket for continued support.

Best regards,

Tarun

AMD Global Customer Care

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Games will not enter fullscreen mode in Boot Camp 6.1 on MacBook Pro 16"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.