You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word 2011 Tools/Grocery List

While this is certainly not earth-shaking I would dearly love to have a copy of the Word/Tools/Grocery List from Office:man 2011. I used it weekly for 10+ years and haven't found another I like. Not compatible with iMac/Catalina. Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 3:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 10:56 AM

If that particular Grocery List template has any file, library, or Word basic dependency within Office 2011 for Mac, then it will not be portable to Catalina. One way to find out is to copy it to Catalina and try it with Office 365, or Office 2019 for Mac.

As with Office 2011 authored documents, a template may have dependencies on the particular Office suite, but actual bitness (e.g 32/64-bit) is not inherent to the document (or template) itself — just the applications in the Office suite.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2020 10:56 AM in response to andfo

If that particular Grocery List template has any file, library, or Word basic dependency within Office 2011 for Mac, then it will not be portable to Catalina. One way to find out is to copy it to Catalina and try it with Office 365, or Office 2019 for Mac.

As with Office 2011 authored documents, a template may have dependencies on the particular Office suite, but actual bitness (e.g 32/64-bit) is not inherent to the document (or template) itself — just the applications in the Office suite.

Jan 16, 2020 9:59 AM in response to andfo

I use Word on Catalina but don't have much useful knowledge about templates. If you have installed a Catalina compatible version of Word (Office 2019 for Mac or Office 365) I suspect -- but don't know for a fact -- that there is a way to make templates from Office 2011 work. You may want to also post your question in the Microsoft Word for Mac forum to see if someone there can help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_mac?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=all&isFilterExpanded=false&page=1

Word 2011 Tools/Grocery List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.