Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import Chrome passwords

Re: 2013 iMac 27 High Sierra

I'm attempting to wean myself off Chrome. I have successfully imported my bookmarks to Safari. However, there appears to be no provision for importing Chrome passwords, contrary to everything I read about how to do it. Importing passworrds is just not there. My Safari is ver 13.0.4

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 8:54 PM

terry220 wrote:

I'm attempting to wean myself off Chrome. I have successfully imported my bookmarks to Safari. However, there appears to be no provision for importing Chrome passwords, contrary to everything I read about how to do it. Importing passworrds is just not there. My Safari is ver 13.0.4

Think of starting a new password keychain in iCloud.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 8:54 PM in response to terry220

terry220 wrote:

Think of starting a new password keychain in iCloud.

Jan 15, 2020 8:33 PM in response to Eric Root

I have successfully exported my Chrome bookmarks and passwords to a couple of files. In Safari, when I enter the import from Chrome, all that emerges is my bookmarks. In Safari, I'm not invited to select bookmarks AND/OR passwords. That list fails to appear.

My Safari is ver. 13.0.4, declares it to be current.

My system is a 2013 iMac 27 High Sierra

Import Chrome passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.