Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ken Burns screensaver

Hi

I've always liked using the KenBurns effect screensaver, and usually select an album of my own picture from Photos as the source. But some pictures move a little, some don't move at all, and some move far too much. I'm guessing that its related to the proportions of the image, rather than the overall size of content...?

I had been resetting images to either landscape 1500 x 1000 pts, or portrait 750 x 1000 pts, but these often don't move at all so I'm confused.

Is it the aspect ratio that drives the amount of movement?

thanks in advance

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 4:22 AM

It is the aspect ratio and the width. If a photo has less pixels than the width of the display, it may not move at all in the Ken Burns screensaver, because all parts of the image will be clearly visible right from the beginning. I am using Ken Burns mainly for panoramic images, that are at least twice as wide as the display.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2020 4:22 AM in response to Paul Richards4

It is the aspect ratio and the width. If a photo has less pixels than the width of the display, it may not move at all in the Ken Burns screensaver, because all parts of the image will be clearly visible right from the beginning. I am using Ken Burns mainly for panoramic images, that are at least twice as wide as the display.

Ken Burns screensaver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.