Ken Burns screensaver only playing a few photos

I like using the Ken Burns option in the screensaver app (have used it for years) and I always use a folder of my own photos as the source of images. I have noticed that the app is using only a small number of photos, not all that are in the folder. Why is that? Is there a cache for the photos created when the screensaver starts? If so, how large is it and can I increase the size? If not, why won't the screensaver randomize and play all of the photos in the source folder?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 11:49 AM

Tortispora wrote:

I like using the Ken Burns option in the screensaver app (have used it for years) and I always use a folder of my own photos as the source of images. I have noticed that the app is using only a small number of photos, not all that are in the folder. Why is that? Is there a cache for the photos created when the screensaver starts? If so, how large is it and can I increase the size? If not, why won't the screensaver randomize and play all of the photos in the source folder?

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.6 - I would start there.

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2023 11:49 AM in response to Tortispora

Tortispora wrote:

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.6 - I would start there.

Ken Burns screensaver only playing a few photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.