Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 in 1 mophie wireless charging pad from Apple store.

I recently bought a 3 in 1 mophie wireless charging pad from Apple store, it seems to only charge my phone when I turn off battery optimise setting.

I know it’s not the case as whether the case is on or not it is the same result, phone won’t charge until I change the setting.

I do not need to change any battery settings when using my wireless charging pad in my car. Same case on phone in both situations

iPhone X, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 5:51 PM

Hey Ann2012X,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're running into an issue with your wireless charging pad working in conjunction with your iPhone. I'd be glad to look into this with you in more detail.

Optimized Battery Charging uses machine learning to learn your habits and patterns when charging. This also includes specific locations, such as work or home, which may be why you don't have an issue in the car, as Optimized Battery Charging wouldn't be in use at that time. As I mentioned, it works on habits and patterns. Have you adjusted your charging patterns at all? This could be important because your iPhone can charge differently when using that setting. For example, it can be plugged into a charger or on a charging pad and not be charging for a while, based on your normal charging rituals. This is especially true when charging past 80%. More info on Optimized Battery Charging can be found below.

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 5:51 PM in response to Ann2012X

Hey Ann2012X,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're running into an issue with your wireless charging pad working in conjunction with your iPhone. I'd be glad to look into this with you in more detail.

Optimized Battery Charging uses machine learning to learn your habits and patterns when charging. This also includes specific locations, such as work or home, which may be why you don't have an issue in the car, as Optimized Battery Charging wouldn't be in use at that time. As I mentioned, it works on habits and patterns. Have you adjusted your charging patterns at all? This could be important because your iPhone can charge differently when using that setting. For example, it can be plugged into a charger or on a charging pad and not be charging for a while, based on your normal charging rituals. This is especially true when charging past 80%. More info on Optimized Battery Charging can be found below.

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

Thanks!

3 in 1 mophie wireless charging pad from Apple store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.