Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC Desktop can't see any wifi networks

Had internet problems so was sent new Virgin superhub 3.0.

All been fine except 2 days running when watching live tv on bbc website connection drops.

after this, the mac wont see any networks, not my phone hotspot or my neighbours etc.

My laptop next to it can see 7-8 networks.

Also network symbol at top of screen all greyed out?

Restarting fixes but don't want to do that everyday.

On El Capitan.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 2:55 PM

If you have not already first check to see Wi-Fi is turned on, if it is on, please cycle it off and then on again. If that does not solve the problem please reset the NVRAM and restart in Safe Mode per the directions in NVRAM Reset & Safe Mode

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 15, 2020 4:49 PM in response to Funsterr

Can you find a less used channel to set router to?

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

If using Wifi, instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

System Preferences>Network>choose interface>Advanced>Proxies Tab, make sure none are set, like for HTTP & HTTPS.

System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

Apply.

MAC Desktop can't see any wifi networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.