Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the range where cursor switches to column-widening or Window-expanding mode so narrow?

This effects all applications running within MacOS.

The feature is great. You can hover over edges and corners of windows or panes to grap the edge or corner and move it, thereby explainding or contracting the window or pane.

In a preview of High Sierra, a very knowledgeable Mac User of longstanding expert status stated the pending version of MacOS would resolve this problem. The problem is not resolved. I am wondering if anyone knows why? Catalina.

For what is might be worth, I can commit to having no problem with this problem being resolved, should resolution occur.

Thank you.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 6:38 PM

There is no way for us - all other end users like yourself not employed by Apple - to answer why Apple does something unless Apple explains it in a public statement. We are also not allowed to speculate on Apple's decisions, policies, etc.

So, my suggestion would be that you send feedback to Apple - they do read those:

www.apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2020 6:38 PM in response to danallenhouston

There is no way for us - all other end users like yourself not employed by Apple - to answer why Apple does something unless Apple explains it in a public statement. We are also not allowed to speculate on Apple's decisions, policies, etc.

So, my suggestion would be that you send feedback to Apple - they do read those:

www.apple.com/feedback

Why is the range where cursor switches to column-widening or Window-expanding mode so narrow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.