Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv update. The update was not successful. Try again later.

My new apple tv 4k is stuck on version 12.4 out of the box.

repeated restart and full reset will not upgrade to 13.3.

brand new device.

wired and wireless Internet had no difference.

Two hours and no changes.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 2:30 PM

I talked to Apple Support today, Jan 16 at 16:30 Eastern. I was told that they had many calls on this last night. Engineering was contacted and a fix was made. My unit cleared itself this morning, before the call. I had unboxed a new Apple TV 4K, so I thought a hand a problem with the unit. All good now.

Thanks to the folks that replied.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 2:30 PM in response to m@ke12

I talked to Apple Support today, Jan 16 at 16:30 Eastern. I was told that they had many calls on this last night. Engineering was contacted and a fix was made. My unit cleared itself this morning, before the call. I had unboxed a new Apple TV 4K, so I thought a hand a problem with the unit. All good now.

Thanks to the folks that replied.

Jan 16, 2020 11:32 AM in response to jkresic

I also had this issue, tries a few things that I had read about, Restart, Reset & Install, manually set the DNS. But nothing worked. The update would download, then immediately fail when "Preparing the Update" (Or something similar).

Until the next morning. So, probably an 8-9 hour wait did the trick. I suspect when a new device is registered it takes time to propagate through Apple's systems. But, what do I know . . .

Apple tv update. The update was not successful. Try again later.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.