Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I "speed up" a patch

Is it possible to speed up a single patch in MainStage? What I mean is, I am for example required to play a harp glissando - an ascending scale of notes that is pre-programmed to the patches and is launched by pressing a single key. But it lasts too long; the glissando is supposed to fill one bar of the music (about 1-2 seconds), but it takes over 2 bars (4 secs). Is there a way to make the patch faster and take less time?

(I know I can lift the key at desired moment and the patch goes silent, but then it just breaks in the middle of the glissando and sounds stupid.)

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 1:33 AM

9 replies

Jan 16, 2020 4:16 AM in response to DaCaptain

I'm a novice with MainStage so I'm not sure if I can give you all the information needed, but I have MainStage 3 and I'm working on a MacBook Pro, Mid 2012 with macOs Mojave (10.14.6). I have downloaded a concert file needed in a live performance of a stage musical (I play the keyboard). Yes, it says EXS on the channel strip of this particular sample/patch.

Thanks for any help!

Jan 17, 2020 7:48 AM in response to Ilkka1976

Instead of the sample, you can use a harp sound. There's a good Orchestral patch in the sound library, which comes with Mainstage. If you don't want to play the glissando live, insert a Scripter in the MIDI FX slot of the EXS sampler, which plays back the harp. The Scriper has a setting called "Harpeggiator". This plays arpeggios with a free tempo, adjust the sliders to your need.

Best,

DaCaptain

Jan 22, 2020 12:14 AM in response to Ilkka1976

I didn't see that video, but the video is awesome and exactly what you needed.

Inspired by that video I tried a combination of 2 Transposer plug-ins in a row. The Transposer does not only transpose, but let you modify the scale, too. This can be used to accomplish about the same thing as the harp pedal thing described in the video.

The second Transposer might be helpful, if you need to transpose after modifying the scale.

Or you can add even more transposers and add some buttons to the workspace to change scale dynamically. Therefore, the buttons in the workspace need to control the bypass of the plug-ins. \

Best,

DaCaptain

Can I "speed up" a patch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.