Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Apple Magic Keyboard name nor working

Hi,

I've a MacbookPro (Late 2013) wit MacOS Catalina and just bought a used Apple Magic Keyboard from a friend.

I tried to change de keyboard name but it doesn't stick. It gets back to the old name every time.

Already tried Factory Reset of the device, Factory reset of all connected devices and reset of BT module.

Nothing works.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 6:44 AM

FRMendonca wrote:

Hi,
I've a MacbookPro (Late 2013) wit MacOS Catalina and just bought a used Apple Magic Keyboard from a friend.
I tried to change de keyboard name but it doesn't stick. It gets back to the old name every time.
Already tried Factory Reset of the device, Factory reset of all connected devices and reset of BT module.
Nothing works.
Thanks

Change the name of a Bluetooth accessory - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 6:44 AM in response to FRMendonca

FRMendonca wrote:

Hi,
Nothing works.
Thanks

Change the name of a Bluetooth accessory - Apple Support

Changing Apple Magic Keyboard name nor working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.