Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Apple mail not working with UK2

I use UK2.net for my mail, since the last iPhone update (13.3 ) Apple mail won't connect with UK2's incoming mail server.

I've had to switch to the Gmail app which is a rubbish in comparison.

Uk2's support can shed no light on it but say it's a common issue in that Apple mail sometimes won't see their mail servers (since the update)

I used to be able to fix this by turning the email account on and off in these settings but that's now stopped working altogether. It only seems to randomly update my mail maybe once a day at night and then not all messages or sent items.

I cant be the only person with this issue surely, anybody come up with a fix?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 7:23 AM

11 replies

Jan 16, 2020 7:32 AM in response to Will Hamlyn

Did you have a chat with them? --> https://www.uk2.net/chat/

For the latest information on UK2's system you can now go to status.uk2.net where any urgent issues will be posted, you can even sign up for e-mail alerts to let you know as soon as we do if there's a problem. Go to status.uk2.net.

Alternatively you can submit a ticket at all times through their online support system where their technical support team answer e-mails

Jan 16, 2020 7:43 AM in response to SravanKrA

Yes tried all that, they are aware of the issue as I said but as it's down to Apples update there is nothing they can do.

Been through all the fixes like deleting and adding accounts, restarting, factory reset etc but same issue, it only seems to erect one email address out of 4 but the server/port settings are identical.

I have just tried adding another new mailbox as a test, setting it up on the phone and then adding a second email address to it, then changing the settings on that to the original non working one and it seems to be working, which is ridiculous but may be a fix.

Jan 16, 2020 8:12 AM in response to Will Hamlyn

Ok that seems to have fixed the problem, makes no sense but I'm not complaining!

To clarify: I created a new mailbox with UK2, set up that on my phone, added the non working email address as a second email to the new mailbox on the accounts section of my phone and then changed the new mailbox user/password to the original non-working ones.

And turned off the original non working account.

It works fine now.

Jan 18, 2020 10:26 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

"Apple Mail cannot connect with the incoming mail server" likewise but it doesn't work since the update and many UK2 customers have the same issue apparently.

It's not just an IOs update, the version 13 update changed the Mail app which broke many mail accounts and the subsequent minor update was was supposed to fix it. It didn't.

Just google it, I'm not alone!

Jan 18, 2020 10:38 AM in response to Will Hamlyn

I never said that you were, so don't assume. There have been other updates since iOS 13, the latest version being iOS 13.3. If you have contacted Apple Support, then you can continue working with them about the issue. It just seems strange that you are able to create a new box and it works, but then fails. Have you spoken with Apple Support, or just the email provider?

Jan 20, 2020 3:55 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

If you read my first message you'll see I have already installed 13.3 this is what caused the current problem. Yes I've spoken to Apple support they suggest the usual fixes delete the account add it again, restart the phone, soft reset etc. None of which work. All the stuff that you can find either on here or in Google.

Turning the account on and off will occasionally work and it seems to download messages when the phone is in sleep mode more regularly than when you actually are using the app directly. Still not reliable though.

Hence the reason I'm here in case somebody in a similar situation with UK2 has come up with a proper fix as it's pretty patchy as it stands and I really don't like using the Gmail App.

Mar 3, 2020 5:29 AM in response to Will Hamlyn

Am I genuinely the only person with this issue? Currently after the most recent update I now have to quit and restart mail every time I want to get new mail. It only effects one of three addresses with UK2 (all the same mail server). This works for about a week until it errors every time and then I have to delete the offending account and add not again. It then works again (with the quit restart) for another week or so.

There must be some difference in how Apple mail sends and receives verification when it starts from being unopened and when you just do a refresh. Why this should only effect one address out of three is the tricky bit.

Mar 4, 2020 5:47 AM in response to Will Hamlyn

After delving into this more deeply and trying a different email app (spark) which didn't work either I got an error message that a secure connection couldn't be make with this port.

Bit of Googling brought up a similar issue in windows and suggested changing the incoming port from 993 to 143. This has fixed the problem.

It's still set to work with SSl which I think isn't supposed to work but it does so I'm not complaining. Whether it's using SSl or TLS or neither is unclear but my email finally works again with Mail so I'll stop worrying about it.

iPhone Apple mail not working with UK2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.