Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch buying for brother, sending to him issues ??

Hi guys, I want to hook my brother up with portable music player. If I buy ipod touch for him, and load music on it, then send it to him to use on his end, what issues will we have ? I would have to register in my name, load up the player from my computer. So when I send to him he could play it and charge battery without issues I believe, but if he hooks up to computer to try and load more music, then he would have problems I think. Should I register in his name with his apple id, but then would I have issues loading his player up for him ? Appreciate any advice, thanks, frank

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 8:49 PM

You can set it up for him with his own Apple ID. To purchase music you probably need to buy Apple Gift cards since if you purchased it directly with your credit card, then his ID will be attached to your credit card.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 16, 2020 1:24 PM in response to fmow

Buy it for him and give it to him. Do not configure it or load your music for him. He must use his own Apple ID. If he doesn't have one, then he will need to get one in order to activate the device and purchase/download music through iTunes.

If you do all of this, then everything will be tied to your Apple ID, not to his.

ipod touch buying for brother, sending to him issues ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.