Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Fan and Battery issues since Day 1

I bought my Macbook Pro in July 2019, and it has one of the best specs, however from day 1, it is quite unstable and often the battery is draining and the fan is running. Apple support has spent possibly 5-6 hours, I have had to do an entire clean up of the hard disk etc. It is frustrating that 6-months on, I have still a sub-optimal laptop, that i cannot use when I am out (without a power cord). Any one else suffering from similar issues or how to resolve? I have done OS reinstall etc. Had to reinstate everything, and like every transfer it takes ages, but it is highly frustrating especially since this is the highest value product i have ever bought from Apple...

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 1:50 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 17, 2020 5:20 PM in response to porsche8

Clearly no. As a diagnostic tool Activity Monitor is not intended to solve anything on its own. To learn how to use Activity Monitor read How to use Activity Monitor on your Mac. If you are motivated to diagnose what's wrong with your Mac, and you are interested in soliciting suggestions from your fellow Apple Support Communities participants, post a screenshot of Activity Monitor similar to that shown in that Apple Support document.

Jan 17, 2020 4:54 PM in response to John Galt

I had read this thread as well and looked into activity monitor and such but it doesnt solve the situation. More than anything its a bit disappointing that when not plugged in, it could last as short as 20min if the fan is on and without maybe 1-2 hours. Does all other MacBook Pro users have such a short life span on their battery?

Macbook Pro Fan and Battery issues since Day 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.