Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: About fans and fan noise in your Apple product

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fan/Battery Issue on MacBook Pro 13"

I purchased my MacBook back in 2021 and it's only a little over a year old. It needs a new battery, but also the fan seems to be running at full power constantly, even when I tried opening it in safe mode. The vents are not blocked. I even tried cleaning them with some canned air just to make sure. The computer doesn't feel hot to the touch or seem to be running hot at all. My question is, if the fan issue possibly related to the battery issue or are these more likely two separate problems?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 6:20 PM

When two issues appear at the same time, then they are usually related. If a Mac cannot communicate with a sensor, then it can trigger the fan(s) to run at high speed. You can try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected. Regardless I think you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to confirm a hardware issue and provide you with a repair estimate.

Since the issue occurs in Safe Mode as well it is unlikely to be a software issue since Safe Mode prevents third party software from launching automatically during boot & login.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 6:20 PM in response to Ioco_Coco

When two issues appear at the same time, then they are usually related. If a Mac cannot communicate with a sensor, then it can trigger the fan(s) to run at high speed. You can try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected. Regardless I think you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to confirm a hardware issue and provide you with a repair estimate.

Since the issue occurs in Safe Mode as well it is unlikely to be a software issue since Safe Mode prevents third party software from launching automatically during boot & login.

Fan/Battery Issue on MacBook Pro 13"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.