Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro battery was just replaced and now one fan is whirling non stop at full volume

A local computer repair place replaced my battery, everything works fine but the back left fan is whirling non stop at top volume. Any quick fixes or is this an issue? Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 8:13 PM

Ryjobe36 wrote:

A local computer repair place replaced my battery, everything works fine but the back left fan is whirling non stop at top volume. Any quick fixes or is this an issue? Thanks in advance

Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

8 replies

Feb 2, 2021 4:26 PM in response to Ryjobe36

Ryjobe36 wrote:
A local computer repair place replaced my battery, everything works fine but the back left fan is whirling non stop at top volume. Any quick fixes or is this an issue?

Man, your about as helpful as my 6 yo 👎 Luckily there are other more helpful forums in the world. Par for the Apple course! Don’t waste your time next responding if that’s all the better you have to say

Why not take it back —"A local computer repair place replaced my battery, everything works fine"

Maybe it's not working as fine as you thought— sounds like they borked something.

Typically there is a 90 day warranty on all parts and labor.

I know of no "quick fixes" for a hardware issue.

Feb 24, 2021 7:38 AM in response to Go-dubs

@go-dubs thanks for your insight but I’m sorry your incorrect about the former and most likely correct about the latter. I replaced both fans following this issue and it did not fix the problem. To your ladder point It probably broke By not not being repaired by Apple directly. Which is what I have now done. Tak

My MacBook Pro battery was just replaced and now one fan is whirling non stop at full volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.