Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay won't let me add my debit card

I got a new phone and Apple Pay won’t accept a new debit card because I have my old card on file, from the same bank but I've had a recent card since then. How do I completely remove a card from file? so that I am able to add my current card.

If I go on my wallet/apple pay on settings no cards are showing so I can't delete them from there and when I go onto the wallet app my card is still showing on file so I can't find anywhere to remove this. I've tried logging into icloud.com to remove but nothing shows up there.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 5:24 AM

1. Check your Apple ID region to make sure it is correct (https://appleid.apple.com/)
  2. Check the region on your device to ensure it is correct (Settings>general>language & region - set to your region)
  3. A passcode is required to use the Wallet app. 
  4. You need to be in a region that supports Apple Pay - Countries and regions that support Apple Pay - Apple Support
  5. Your bank needs to support Apple Pay - Apple Pay participating banks - Apple Support
  6. Sometimes if you sign out of your Apple ID and back in it resolves the problem.
  7. If none of these suggestions are able to resolve your issue you can go here for further assistance - If you can't add cards to Wallet for Apple Pay - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 5:24 AM in response to sashaw_11

1. Check your Apple ID region to make sure it is correct (https://appleid.apple.com/)
  2. Check the region on your device to ensure it is correct (Settings>general>language & region - set to your region)
  3. A passcode is required to use the Wallet app. 
  4. You need to be in a region that supports Apple Pay - Countries and regions that support Apple Pay - Apple Support
  5. Your bank needs to support Apple Pay - Apple Pay participating banks - Apple Support
  6. Sometimes if you sign out of your Apple ID and back in it resolves the problem.
  7. If none of these suggestions are able to resolve your issue you can go here for further assistance - If you can't add cards to Wallet for Apple Pay - Apple Support

Apple Pay won't let me add my debit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.