Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone will not remember "Trusted" computer or display photos in MacOS Photos import view

Hello,

My iPhone appears to not remember the "Trusted" computer after I have selected "Trust" this computer.

Each time I reconnect my phone via lightening cable, it asks if I trust this computer. I always select "Trust;" however, when I try to import my photos to MacOS Photos, the photos are all blank in the import screen. For a second, the photos appear - but they blank out. So I am unable to view and select the photos I want to import.

In addition, it takes a long time for MacOS Photos to recognize that my iPhone is unlocked.

p.s. I have also noticed that my phone is having issues connecting to CarPlay now too. So there must be an issue happening on my iPhone XS Max.

I have already tried "Reset Location & Privacy," cleaned the lightening port, "Hard Restarting" the iphone, restarting the MacBook, and tried different Apple made lightening cables.

Are there any other solutions?

Thank you,

Shane

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 2:27 PM

I did all of the following to fix this issue:

1. Blindly imported 100% of the Photos and Videos from iPhone to MacOS Photos.
  2. Deleted all Photos and Videos on the iPhone.
  3. Hard Restarted the iPhone.
  4. Settings > General > Reset > "Reset Location & Privacy."
  5. "Settings > General > Reset > "Reset Network Settings."
  6. Hard Restarted the iPhone.
  7. Took photos and retried importing to MacOS Photos.
  8. Success.

I had to complete all the steps above for this to work.

Take care,

Shane

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2020 2:27 PM in response to alcheme

I did all of the following to fix this issue:

1. Blindly imported 100% of the Photos and Videos from iPhone to MacOS Photos.
  2. Deleted all Photos and Videos on the iPhone.
  3. Hard Restarted the iPhone.
  4. Settings > General > Reset > "Reset Location & Privacy."
  5. "Settings > General > Reset > "Reset Network Settings."
  6. Hard Restarted the iPhone.
  7. Took photos and retried importing to MacOS Photos.
  8. Success.

I had to complete all the steps above for this to work.

Take care,

Shane

iPhone will not remember "Trusted" computer or display photos in MacOS Photos import view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.