Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to computer / accessing photos

Why won't my iPhone connect to my computer? I plug it in to the computer, and it won't charge or show as a device. It doesn't ask to trust this computer and I have unlocked the phone. The cord and computer has no problem with our other iPhone of the same model. We have tried resetting the location and privacy on the phone. Ultimately I need to get photos off and on to the computer in any way possible. We updated iTunes, and the device. Any ideas on how to connect or how to get the photos off the phone?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 1:23 PM

Possibly the socket on the phone has dirt or damage on one of the data pins.

You can upload to iCloud drive or Google photos, Dropbox etc via wifi.

You can use iCloud photos and share with anither ios device or the computer if it is a Mac.

If it is just a few photos you can email or WhatsApp them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 1:23 PM in response to JaneeceM

Possibly the socket on the phone has dirt or damage on one of the data pins.

You can upload to iCloud drive or Google photos, Dropbox etc via wifi.

You can use iCloud photos and share with anither ios device or the computer if it is a Mac.

If it is just a few photos you can email or WhatsApp them.

Connecting to computer / accessing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.