Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop-up (drop down) menu populating information specific to your selection

I have a list of products in a drop down list, or pop-up menu, and when I select it, I want it to populate all the parts that need to be ordered for that product. I currently have 2 tables, the first being the table for the drop down and populated information, the second being the data sheet. An example of my data sheet:

what I would like is to use my 1st table to select "A" from the pop-up menu and next to it will populate the information (part number, description, and qty) in the cells next to the drop down. I'm very new to numbers and was able to get this to work on excel, I'm just hoping it will be possible. Thank you for any help you can provide!

MacBook

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 10:24 PM

Hi shaunda112,

One way is to use a filter on the Data table.

Add another column to the Data table (you can hide this column when all is working).

The Choose table is a single cell Pop-Up Menu.

Formula in Column E =IF(Choose::A$1="Choose a Product","Show",IF(Choose::A$1=$A2,"Show",""))

Apply a filter to the Data table

Choose Product B

Regards,

Ian.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 10:24 PM in response to shaunda112

Hi shaunda112,

One way is to use a filter on the Data table.

Add another column to the Data table (you can hide this column when all is working).

The Choose table is a single cell Pop-Up Menu.

Formula in Column E =IF(Choose::A$1="Choose a Product","Show",IF(Choose::A$1=$A2,"Show",""))

Apply a filter to the Data table

Choose Product B

Regards,

Ian.

Pop-up (drop down) menu populating information specific to your selection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.