Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stocks on iMac don't sync with stocks on iPhone

after adding several stocks to my iPhone, these stocks don't sync to my iMac.

another problem: I'm unable to add certain ETFs to my iPhone list of stocks, such as RING and IEMG. I have no problem adding other ETFs, such as XMMO and SCHG

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 1:21 PM

3 replies

Jan 20, 2020 11:21 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your help SravanKra. The sync is working now.

iMac OS Catalaina vs 10.15.2 and iOS 13.3 on iPhone 11 Pro Max

I'm still somewhat puzzled: When, on my iMac, I went to System Preferences / Apple ID / "Stocks" was checked.

I unchecked i"Stocks" and checked it again. No syncing happened. Then I restarted my iMac and now the stocks are properly synced.

I had another problem at the same time as my my "stocks problem", in that on my iPhone, in Safari, my Safari tabs from my iMac did not show. After restarting my iMac this problem is solved: My iMac Safari tabs now show on my iPhone.

Part of my problem may have been caused because I have 2 Apple IDs, i.e. 1 for iCloud, FaceTime, Watch and iMessage - and another Apple ID for iBooks, App Store, iBooks and Apple news. Unfortunately it is not possible to merge the 2 Apple IDs (according to Apple).

So because "stocks" was properly selected under "Apple ID" in System Preferences I'm still wondering what went wrong. For example could it be that starting Books on my iMac with my other Apple ID, my iMac goes in my 2nd Apple ID mode? Also, with apps like iMessage and Books I have to specifically sign in with an Apple ID. This is not so with "Stocks".

I would appreciate any feedback. Meanwhile I appreciate your help very much!

stocks on iMac don't sync with stocks on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.