Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my 32 bit iPhoto is not working. Did I loose all my photos? How do I get my photos back in the newer version of iPhoto (64 bit)?

my 32 bit iPhoto is not working. Did I loose all my photos? How do I get my photos back in the newer version of iPhoto (64 bit)?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 6:09 PM

Photos replaced iPhotos several years ago. Launch Photos with the option key held down. From the resulting dialog, choose your iPhoto Library. Photos will use your iPhoto media to create a new library. Your iPhoto Library will not be changed.

6 replies

Jan 20, 2020 1:03 PM in response to Keith Barkley

I seem to have two libraries. I likely had them all along, but because I typically only used iPhoto, it was that library that was much bigger. Thus, my Photos Library was historically pretty sparse with respect to files within. So ... I have two libraries and it would be great to permanently (somehow) roll all the photos from the iPhoto Library into the 64-bit Photos Library. Then, whenever Photos is opened, it is drawing from the correct Library only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.