Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Was my iPhone hacked?

I got a TEXT message from number addressed to me by name and claiming to be FedEx. It asked for my delivery preference and provided the following link for response: c3dst.info/Rv4Ok0JpGg. I was expecting a package, so without giving it much thought, I clicked on the link. While the page was trying to load, I realized I had done the wrong thing and closed the text as fast as I could. Is it possible I downloaded a virus, malware or spyware by clicking on the link? What can I do to make sure my iPhone hasn't been hacked? How can I protect my iPhone from malicious email or text in future?

Thank you.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 3:14 AM

Hi rory914,

I hope you’re doing well!

The first thing I want to say is: don’t worry. You haven’t downloaded any viruses, as it’s impossible to hack an iPhone with this method. I suggest you to never open strange links received by message or email. FedEx doesn’t need to use a link like c3dst.info. They have FedEx.com, why should they use that?

Remember, always check the sender, and if it’s an email, check the domain of the address.

Greetings!

Riccardo.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 3:14 AM in response to rory914

Hi rory914,

I hope you’re doing well!

The first thing I want to say is: don’t worry. You haven’t downloaded any viruses, as it’s impossible to hack an iPhone with this method. I suggest you to never open strange links received by message or email. FedEx doesn’t need to use a link like c3dst.info. They have FedEx.com, why should they use that?

Remember, always check the sender, and if it’s an email, check the domain of the address.

Greetings!

Riccardo.

Jan 17, 2020 11:06 PM in response to rory914

iPhones cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware by merely clicking on a link in Safari, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your iPhone or/and have Jail Broken.

You need to look at the way you share your sensitive and valuable informations of your device with your friends and family members.

Was my iPhone hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.