Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing the partially downloaded update file

Hi, When I was downloading the Catalina os upgrading file, I lost the internet connection and download has been terminated in half way. Now the issue is, I want to find the particular file and wanna delete it. Because, it has consumed my hard drive space around 5 GB. Hence, Kindly assist.......

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 8:19 AM

10 replies

Jan 18, 2020 10:23 AM in response to Raheek

Mojave and before— partial downloads can be found:

From Finder>Go >Go To Folder copy and paste:

/Library/Updates

in /Library/Updates folder, the download usually begins with a 3 digit number you can move it to the Trash/Empty the Trash and try again.

please note; in macOS Catalina you no longer have r/w access to the Macintosh HD volume

About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina

Jan 18, 2020 8:57 AM in response to macjack

Hi, Sadly there is no files as Install Mac OS Catalina and all downloads only pointed to download folder.

Catalina Upgrade file capacity was 8 GB, but it got cancelled nearly around 5 GB. It took my hard drive space. but , Since I couldn't find that file and delete it. Any other possibilities to find that partially downloaded file?

Removing the partially downloaded update file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.