Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked during Download?

I was asked to download Adobe Flashplayer while opening a website so I could see the website. I hould have known better but Adobe is a legit business. The download site was "xlbts.forgetsummer.pw”. Next thing I know, a lot of my files were opened, and my safari extensions were gone. One of the files had personal information on it. It was password protected but was open at the time because I was working on it. I suspect I have to change my sign in credentials for the 70 sites listed in that file--a chore. Any suggestions on what to do or info on " xlbts.forgetsummer.pw” .

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 10:55 AM

That isn't a legitimate Adobe web site. Below is the link to download a legitimate copy of Flash Player.

Adobe Flash Player

You may  have adware/malware installed. Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware. The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Web site for download   https://www.malwarebytes.com

Malwarebytes uninstall

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 10:55 AM in response to Barry Glasgal

That isn't a legitimate Adobe web site. Below is the link to download a legitimate copy of Flash Player.

Adobe Flash Player

You may  have adware/malware installed. Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware. The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Web site for download   https://www.malwarebytes.com

Malwarebytes uninstall

Jan 18, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Barry Glasgal

Download EtreCheck, run it to see if there is any adware installed or not.

https://etrecheck.com

Click  “Free download” button,

Open Downloads folder, click on it to open, and then select ”Open”.

“Choose a problem” from the popup menu box, and then “Start EtreCheck” in the dialog.

Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy report” .

Paste the report when you reply.

Jan 18, 2020 11:34 AM in response to Barry Glasgal

Software installs (last 30 days): ⓘ
    Adobe Flash Player:  (installed 2020-01-14)
    Epson Photo+:  (installed 2020-01-18)
    EPSON Printer Driver:  (installed 2020-01-18)
    Microsoft AutoUpdate:  (installed 2020-01-18)
    Dashlane: 6.1948.0 (installed 2020-01-18)
    AdBlock: 1.22.0 (installed 2020-01-18)

Install information may not be complete.

It doesn't show anything out of ordinary.

I would uninstall Uninstall Flash Player for Mac OS - Adobe Support and reinstall Flash Player by clicking the link

Eric Root posted.

Hacked during Download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.