Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iphone 6s Plus

Just opened a brand new phone and it will not turn on. Black screen. I have had it charging for an hour and nothing.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 2:34 PM

“Brand new” and “iPhone 6S Plus” do not go together very well, as the iPhone 6S Plus was introduced by Apple in 2015 and discontinued in 2018.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

9 replies

Jan 18, 2020 4:16 PM in response to sberman

I got it on amazon so they will take it back. And the price was the same as it is at Walmart. You can still buy brand new ones there too. Idk . I got two refurbished ones and one the camera did not work the other the mic didn’t work so people could not hear me on phone calls 😒 I’m ready to give up on iPhones

Jan 18, 2020 4:37 PM in response to 13_11

Instead of being ready to give up on iPhone, maybe buy a current model, not one discontinued long ago, which is also very likely in its last year of support, meaning when iOS 14 is released this coming fall, it won't be able to even run it. The chances are also that the iPhone 6s you purchased, whether it came in a new box or not has no valid warranty from Apple today. Amazon is not an Authorized Apple Seller, so whichever seller sold it, would have to offer a buyers warranty as the warranty on that phone started the day it left Apple's inventory, not the day you open the box.

Jan 18, 2020 5:13 PM in response to 13_11

Most likely the battery failed. It would be rare for the device itself to fail in storage, but batteries are another matter. It should be eligible for service, although I’m not sure how they handle a DOA device that has never been activated.

I would suggest bringing it in for service. Most likely a failed battery that can be replaced for Apple’s relatively low price.

Brand new iphone 6s Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.