Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen phone

Hi. I recently was robbed of my iPhone XR in Vietnam. I activated lost mode. Since the phone was offline I guess the activation was pending. The phone did get switched on for a while, and the location updated once. Then gearing the data, I erased the phone. Now it is not showing on find my phone. I’m not sure I did the activation lock or if it got completed. Can I use the IMEI and serial number of phone and lock the phone now or can Apple help me do that. Thanks.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 5:27 PM

No, now that you have erased the phone you will no longer be able to see it. You must have had Find My iPhone activated or you would never have been able to see it. Report it to the police and your cell service provider and you have done all you can.

3 replies

Jan 18, 2020 8:17 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks very much Deggie and Lawrence. My only worry is the data.... as long as that is erased I’m ok. I did not remove it from Apple account, but since I used erase feature , the phone is not visible to me. I did the erase only because when I was logging into Apple last evening it kept saying wrong password. So I had to use forgot pw option and change the password. This got me thinking... could somebody have hacked and changed the pw. Anyway hope for the best.

Stolen phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.