Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp for windows won't run in Windows on my MacBook Pro (2018) (MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina)

I successfully installed Window 10 Pro (64-bit) on my MacBook Pro (2018), running MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina, using Boot Camp. My MacBook Pro restarted to complete the Windows 10 Pro setup, which was successful. Than Boot Camp launched automatically and moved all of the appropriate drivers for Windows to support my MacBook Pro hardware, such as keyboard, mouse, AMD Radeon video drivers. However, the Boot Camp icon did not appear in the taskbar at lower right corner of my Windows desktop, So, I selected Apple Software Update from the Windows menu and installed the updates, which were a new version of Boot Camp for Windows and a WiFi update for Boot Camp. Apple Software Update then restarted my Mac. Once Windows started up again, I checked the Windows taskbar in lower right corner and the Boot Camp icon was not there. Next I found and opened the Boot Camp folder located the Programs Folder. So, I double-clicked to launch Boot Camp, but Boot Camp would not run. Next I did a right-click on Boot Camp and selected "Run as administrator". Boot Camp did run and I got the screen asking if I wanted to allow Boot Camp to make changes to my system. I clicked "Yes" and Boot Camp quit. The only way I can restart in MacOS is to shut down and restart using the "Option" key and select Macintosh to start up.

I have removed my Boot Camp partition and windows and repeated the Windows installation process two more times to make I had not made and error in the installation process. Same result, Boot Camp on the windows side won't run, period, that is after its initial launch during the Windows installation.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you,

Randy

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 3:04 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 19, 2020 10:44 PM in response to Loner T

I have a 15-inch 2018 MBP running the latest version of MacOS Mojave. As I said, I installed Windows with Boot Camp using The Win10_1909_English_x64.iso. The installation went perfectly all the way through to the point where Boot Camp popped up asking to install Boot Camp on Windows side. Boot Camp completed the installation and loaded all the drivers necessary for Windows use my Mac hardware, such as mouse keyboard and AMD Radeon video drivers. Once the installation was complete i checked in the lower right corner of the task bar in the Boot Camp diamond was not there. So, I went to the Boot Camp folder and double-clicked on Boot Camp and it would not run, nothing happened. I checked the winners menu and they were Apple software update available so I initiated those. There were two Boot Camp updates and a Wi-Fi update for Boot Camp. What’s those updates were installed Windows restarted. I checked the taskbar again in the Boot Camp diamond still was not there. I again went to the Boot Camp folder and double-clicked on Boot Camp and it still did not run. Then I right-clicked on the Boot Camp application and selected “Run as Administrator”. Boot Camp launched and I got the dialog box asking if I wanted to allow Boot Camp to make changes to the system. I clicked yes and Boot Camp shut down. so that is where I’m at.

I did search to to find the Win10 ISO that you used, W10 1809v2. I didn’t find it. So if I do find it the ISO you installed, do you recommend that I delete my a boot Camp partition and reinstall it using the version that you used?

Thank you!

Randy

Jan 20, 2020 7:24 AM in response to Clarence Hayes

Clarence Hayes wrote:

I did search to to find the Win10 ISO that you used, W10 1809v2. I didn’t find it. So if I do find it the ISO you installed, do you recommend that I delete my a boot Camp partition and reinstall it using the version that you used?

Yes, if you find a legitimate, clean 1809v2, I suggest you remove the current installation and retry with 1809v2.

Boot Camp for windows won't run in Windows on my MacBook Pro (2018) (MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.